Foster nets as Honiton Town Under-9s complete come-back against Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Under-9s took on Feniton and Ottery St Mary in their latest Exeter Youth League games.
The Devils were first up with both Sam Foster and Dominic McCreadie prominent. After a goal less first half Ewan Evans fired devils ahead.
Feniton responded well and levelled, but young Evans bagged his second to seal a deserved victory.
Zac Harrison and Jacob Fisher were both solid in defence.
Two-goal Evans was named Man of the Match for his all-round work rate.
You may also want to watch:
Devils then took on Ottery in what was another close encounter. Jai Freemantle and Joseph Charlton worked hard throughout.
Ottery scored first, but Devils levelled when some slick passing found Luke Matthews and he created his own space before driving the ball home.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
Ottery regained the lead after the break, but prompted by the hard-working Connor Brown and Flynn Trower, they made sure honours ended even with Sam Foster scoring.
McCreadie was named Man of the Match.
Honiton Demons first took on Ottery and fell two goals behind. Had it not been for the exceptional harry Horn in goal the deficit would have been far greater!
Demons fell further behind before a fine goal from Jake Mabbutt gave them some consolation in a 3-1 defeat.
Next up Demons played and again they shipped a couple of early goals. Good all-round play from Josh Edwards and Ross Hurford helped Demons gain a foothold in the contest.
After the break Aidan Manvell halved the deficit and then a Lee Pullman corner was tucked away by Connor Richards to complete the scoring as Demons were edged out by the odd goal in five.
Harry Horn and Ben Borkowski deserve special mention whilst the Man of the Match award went to Connor Harrison.