Four Seniors beat 70
A field of 36 Seniors took part in the November Medal. Conditions were ideal apart from a little rain for the late starters, writes Janet Dack.
Four players managed to beat the 70 barrier with the winner Iain Bain(14) scoring a nett 65, three shots ahead of runner-up Keith Wilson (12) who recorded a 68 nett. Two players had 69 nett, with third place on countback going to Alan Vincent (19) whose score was boosted by a magnificent two at the 350 yard 17th - the only two of the day! Sid Pember (19) was the player to miss out on the prizes.
?First division winner of the men’s October Medal was Andrew Hellier (8) with a nett 68.
Second place went to Paul Curtin (11) with a nett 73 beating Craig Trivett (11) on count back.
Division two winner, with an excellent nett 63, was Andy Gabb (16). Simon Palmer (15) claimed second place with a nett 67 beating Mike Rymer (14) on count back.
You may also want to watch:
Luckily this Wednesday the weather was fine and the ladies were able to compete for a EWGA medal. The joint winners were Janet Dack and Pauline Willis.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax