Fowler nets top scorer award for 16th successive year at Uplyme
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme Football Club celebrated their 90th Anniversary in style by winning their league and promotion to Division 1 with the Jack Venn Cup.
The club recently held their annual wards night at which one player was crowned as the best at what he does for the 16th year running!
That amazing feat is finishing the season as leadings corer, something that Gavin Fowler has managed in each of the last 16 seasons.
Fowler is also now the chairman and he addressed a large gathering at the awards by congratulating the players on another fabulous season.
He also made the point that the late Frank Bowditch would be thrilled by the team’s latest success.
You may also want to watch:
The chairman then went on to thank sponsors Rob and Debbie Hamon from the Nags Head for their continued support and for feeding the team after each game.
Team manager Ron Coombe endorsed the chairman’s praise and also told the players it had been a pleasure to work with them, and thanked them for their hard work.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
Guest of Honour and former manager Tony Squire presented the team with their league winners medals and cups.
President Fred Smith handed out the other prizes which went to Chris Plevey (Players’ Player and also Manager’s Player); Callum Taylor (Young Player of the Year); Lloyd Cleal and James Beddow (Most Committed); Mark Taylor (Most Improved); Geoff Fisher and Colin Pratt (Clubman award) .
He then presented the top scorer honour to Gavin Fowler for the umpteenth time and, last but not least Jake Beaurpart was presented with the Keeper of Duckie award.