Freemantle at the double in Honiton Town Reserves win at University
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Reserve’s secured a superb 3-2 victory at University.
What made the success all the more admirable was the student side had shipped just two goals in their previous five outings.
With regular team boss John Lewis missing; a three-person stand-in management team of Joe Knight, Helen Fremantle and Andrew Symonds took the team to Exeter for the game.
Blake Freemantle scored twice and Harry Leisk also netted.
Joe Knight said: “It was a superb show all-round. I am so proud of each and every one of them, though must single out Harry [Leisk) and Ash [Munt], the latter making his debut for the team after impressing in recent third team outings.”
You may also want to watch:
One bad point about the day was alluded to by Knight as he said: “It was such a shame that, and not for the first time this season, the team pre-match plans were hit by players clearly ‘picking and choosing’ when they want to play.
“This cannot continue if we want to push on as a team. We simply must all pull together and show the same commitment as the younger lads.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
“However, putting that moan aside, after a shaky start to the season, things are coming along nicely and the team spirit is incredible.”
On Saturday (December 10), Town’s second team, now sitting fifth in Macron League Division Three table, entertain third bottom Exmouth Amateurs at Mountbatten Park (2.15pm).