Freemantle goal nets Town Reserves first Macron point of the season
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town Reserves banked their first point of the Macron League Division Three season with a 1-1 draw against East Budleigh.
A young Town side scored an 85th minute equaliser to ensure they got the point their collective efforts certainly deserved.
Blake Freemantle scored the Town goal and special mention should be made of the hard work from youngsters Adam Thomson and Matt Ayres who covered every blade of grass on the pitch!
Reserve team boss John Lewis said: “A first point, something to savour, but it could have been so much more after another 90 minutes of good football, lots of hard work and our usual bad defending! We have made great strides over the past fortnight since my return and I can’t praise the players highly enough they seem to have bought into my hopes for the season which is fantastic.
“Once again the youngsters did themselves proud. We deserved something out of the game. It may have taken 85 minutes, but it’s a testament to our character that we plugged away until the end.
You may also want to watch:
“We still do need to start outing together a squad that can play week in week out, but I am hoping to bring a couple of additional players in to us push on.”
On Saturday Town Reserves visit Tedburn St Mary (3pm).
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 10 How you can help your children keep up with studying