Freemantle nets as Honiton Town Under-11s push a fine Feniton all the way
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town Under-11s made the short journey to Acland Park, Feniton to play in one of the three Exeter and District Youth League matches to survive another soggy Saturday.
The challenge was always going to be a tough one with the home side sporting a perfect record this term.
On a day more suited to sailing, the wind made play difficult, but both teams persevered and passed the ball well when conditions allowed.
Feniton soon showed why they top the league with some excellent approach play and, although Honiton stood up well, the home side took the lead midway through the first half.
Feniton then doubled their advantage soon after, but Honiton refused to lie down and were rewarded for their hard work when Caleb Freemantle scored following some defensive indecision to make the score 2-1 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half followed a similar pattern with Honiton conceding two further goals and although they failed to score again themselves, despite creating some opportunities, they can be happy with their overall performance.
Players to stand out on the day included Will Whitworth and Matthew Ward along with fine defensive displays from Jack Hawker and Laura Beth Outram.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott