Friends reunited at Honiton Bowling Club
- Credit: Archant
Friends were reunited when Cheltenham tourists visited Honiton last week as, in 2015, Honiton tourists had played at Cheltenham, writes Julie Grant.
A very enjoyable afternoon of bowling and a Devonshire cream tea, what more could you want?
Well Honiton won over the 7 rinks by 148 to 97; best winners were Wally Heard, Gill Munslow, Paul Clarke and Ann Hillyear 35-11.
Mixed friendly success continued with victory away over Belmont 66 to 53, top rink Rod Issac, John Munslow and Heather Chambers 20-11.
Again away Honiton beat Chardstock 70 to 50, best rink Alan Fuller, John Munslow and Ken Clarke 21-11. The ladies friendly was less successful but still enjoyable; Honiton 37 Madeira 48, top rink Joan Mackintosh, Rita Barwick and Brenda Harris 18-9.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton won overall against Tiverton Borough 65 to 56 in the East of Exe mixed league, top rink Wally Heard, Daphne Courtney, Jimmy Smith and Scott Eeleigh 27-9.
Only the A team played in the mens Over 60 league last week and they had a great win over St Thomas 34 to 27,both rinks won, Peter Robinson, David Lindley and Owen Cleverdon 17-11, Bob Mackintosh Ron Rogers and Dick Summers 17-16.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Later in the week Dick managed another win 21-10 with Paul Clarke and David Lindley against Okehampton, a welcome 10 points for their week’s efforts.