Gabb one,two in Handicap Cup
The Axe Cliff Seniors played their third consecutive home inter-club match of the season, this time against Honiton. It was pleasing to notch up a win, 5-1, after the earlier draw and loss.
Successful pairings for Axe Cliff were Rob Grove/Gerry Turner; John White/Terry Jessup; Geof Hubbard/Nick Povey; Hugh Willis/Jack Bannister and Tony Strong/Gilbert Cox.
The April Medal on Friday attracted a field of 37 Seniors. Considering the showery conditions including the spasmodic hail shower, the scores were remarkably good with the winning score of 67 nett from Clive Davie (19) an excellent return.
Three players had nett 70s and on countback Dave Weston (21) claimed 2nd. place with third going to Peter Rollason (22). Jack Bannister (24) was the unlucky player to miss out on the prizes. There were two 2s, from Derek Williamson and Peter Motson.
On Sunday, the men competed for the Handicap Cup, where the winner was Andy Gabb with a nett 66 reducing his handicap to 16 and beating Alex Gabb who also reduced his handicap to 13 witha nett 68. There were three twos, from Andrew Hellier at the seventh, Andy Trivett at the 11th and Alex Gabb at the 14th.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies were unlucky again with the weather as several greens on the course were flooded and the EWGA Medal had to be postponed
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020