Gazelles and Alpacas lead the way in Chardstock Bowls Club’s pairs league
- Credit: Archant
Chardstock Bowls Club started their integral pairs league last Monday (July 13).
It was the first time there has been any competitive bowls played at the club this season owing to the Coronavirus pandemic.
A total of 32 players are taking part and they are split into six teams who contest matches of three sets.
What is clear is that all the players involved are enjoying the competitive nature of the pairs league as opposed to the roll-ups that had been played since action on the green resumed.
It must be recorded that the green is running very well which is testament to the wonderful efforts of the club’s ground crew, who have collectively worked very hard this year and the green is looking in pristine condition.
You may also want to watch:
Match One: Wombats 3, Alligators 4; Jaguars 2, Tigers 5; Alpacas 6, Gazelles 1
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
Match Two: Gazelles 7, Alligators 0; Alpacas 5, Jaguars 2; Tigers 3, Wombats 4
Match Three: Alpacas 3, Tigers 4; Gazelles 7, Wombats 0; Jaguars 3, Alligators 4
Latest league table (as at July 17)
P W D L Pts
Gazelles 3 2 0 1 15
Alpacas 3 2 0 1 14
Tigers 3 2 0 1 12
Alligators 3 2 0 1 8
Wombats 3 1 0 2 7
Jaguars 3 0 0 3 7