Geoff and Sheila Banks Mixed Trophy success for Maureen Tollemache and Rob Sexton
- Credit: Archant
There was a very good turnout for the Geoff and Sheila Banks Mixed Fours Trophy, an annual fixture which is open to regular Tuesday Mixed players, writes John Pawley.
Geoff and Sheila Banks ran the Tuesday Mixed for many years and Geoff donated the trophy following Sheila’s death.
The format was ‘treble six’ and the clear winners, with a magnificent score of 42 points, were Maureen Tollemache and Rob Sexton.
Sally Chapman and Andy Sharland came second with 38 points followed by Hilda Hoepelman and Bob Barnes with 37 and Jan Portlock and Laurie Tollemache with 36 points.
Everyone was delighted that Geoff Banks was able to present the trophy and vouchers to the winners. As was always his custom when organising the Tuesday Mixed, Geoff said a few words and concluded with a humorous tale.
You may also want to watch:
Despite being in his 90’s Geoff has lost none of his talent for relating a good yarn.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis