Gillard wins fourth successive Honiton club championship
- Credit: Archant
For the fourth year running Mark Gillard was crowned the Honiton Club Champion after his success in the annual club championship, a 36-hole scratch competition, writes Liz Rogers.
Gillard took top honours this with a score of 148.
The battle for the minor places was one of a brotherly matter!
The runner-up was Mark Tierney with 152, edging brother John Tierney (154) into third place.
Meanwhile Honiton men’s team continued their fine form with an impressive three-and-a-half to one-and-a-half victory on their Dartmoor League visit to Boringdon Park.
You may also want to watch:
That match completes the first half of the campaign and sees Honiton sitting top of the division!
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 10 The US Open: Part One