The Ladies kept the flag flying for Axminster Indoor Bowling Club with an excellent win over Padbrook Park (90-71) in the County Foxlands League. The home rink of Sheila Cox, Alison Glyde, Ann Clayton, and Nola Stephens (25-10) and the away rink of Brenda Edwards, Chris Hobbs, Judith Moffitt, and Jan Parsons (32-11) played really well!
The men had a disastrous fortnight with their County games, losing against Isca in the Over-60s League (62-81) with only the home rink of Bob Sherborne, Alan Preece, Peter Eagles, and Don Meyland managing a win (20-17), losing against Honiton in the Interclub League, and losing against Madeira in the Charles Parrot KOCompetition!
In the mixed friendlies, Ax lost at home to Donyatt (48-70) with no winning rinks but came back strongly to beat Yeovil at home (59-44).
with wins for Lilian Lovatt, Ann Clayton, Jean Kesterton, and Margaret Crompton (26-14) and Phil White, Chris Todd, David Harris, and Alison Glyde (17-10). Ax lost a really enjoyable home game with Dunkeswell by just three shots (57-60) having beaten them earlier in the season by just four shots! The winning rink was Andy Spillar, Ann Clayton, David Harris, and Brian Clark (25-17).
May I wish all members and friends at Cloakham a Very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.
You may also want to watch:
DAVID HARRIS. 18.12.11.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone