Golf proves to be an easy game for some at Honiton
It’s usually the case around Honiton Golf Club that having a medal card in your hand changes your whole game and not for the better, writes Andy Wagner.
Not so this week as the winners nett results were quite remarkable!
Whether it was the temporary greens (usually a hindrance to low scoring) or the early biting frost in the air that made the difference we will never know, but I don’t foresee this type of scoring to be replicated in the near future.
First in Division One with a nett 63 was Dean Bonetta ahead of Pete Morgan on count back with Richard Beard’s 68 taking third. Division Two was almost a dead heat with Dave Morgan, Eric Short and Ian Banfield all scoring nett 64.
They were separated in that order on count back alone.
You may also want to watch:
It’s an easy game to some!
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners