Good Evans – David wins Feniton Bowls Club singles title
- Credit: Archant
The Feniton Club Finals Weekend started with the mixed triples, writes Roger Smith.
In an exciting match that went to the final end, constantly fluctuating throughout, Tony Young, Di Phillips and David Evans defeated Martin Mitchell, Jo O’Sullivan and Graham Philllips by 23-22 on the last end.
The club singles saw David Evans eventually defeat Robin Cooke by 21-16. The husband and wife competition was won by Roger and Ruth Clarke who drew four shots on the last end to defeat Alan and Gill Smith by 26-25.
The men’s final was won by Kevin Lovering who defeated David Evans by 21-11. In the ladies final Glynda Blackmore defeated Judy Smith by 21-9.
The club pairs was won by David Evans and Don Coyne by 26-12.
You may also want to watch:
The Sir John Acland competition was won by Phil Spreadbury who defeated Roy Loveinr 7-2, 7-3,2-7,7-6.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 4 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op