Goode nets as SOHC men’s 2nd XI are edged out by East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) men’s 2nd XI were edged out by the odd goal in three in their meeting with East Devon IIs.
It was East Devon who struck first with what proved to be the only goal of a well-contested first half.
The deficit may have been greater at the break but for an inspired performance from SOHC goalkeeper JJ Newman, who made some outstanding saves. Up front Treeve Harris, Ben Harrison and Gabe Corthinas were testing a very physical East Devon defence with young Corthinas, in particular, having to cope with a number of meaty challenges!
The SOHC midfield stayed tight throughout the game with Jon Dutton and Nick Goode marshalling the defensive well and it meant that East Devon’s attacking options were limited.
East Devon doubled their lead, but, typical of the character in this SOHC XI, the response was immediate, and clinical, and a neatly taken penalty from Goode fired his side back into contention.
You may also want to watch:
It was SOHC, with Euan Webber and Greg Seward both having superb games, who dominated the final 10 minutes and only some terrific saves from the East Devon goalkeeper denied them an equaliser.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre