Gough lands Axminster Indoor singles title after great game with Roger Woolland
- Credit: Archant
The Axminster Bowls indoor season came to an exciting climax with the playing of the various finals, writes David Harris.
Amongst a great number of fascinating encounters was the men’s Singles final which was eventually won by John Gough who came from 13-20 down to land a 22-20 victory over Roger Woolland.
In the Ladies’ singles there was success for Margaret Crompton with Diana Courtenay-Smith the runner-up.
The David Crompton Cup was won by Malcolm Denslow with a win over Alison Glyde whilst the Non-Winners Cup was landed by Andy Spiller with Malcolm Denslow the runner-up.
The Mens’ 4-wood Pairs was won by Stephen Apsey and Andy Spiller who defeated Bob Cursley and Eric Skeemer, whilst the Joy Lintott Cup was claimed by Alison Glyde and Nola Stephens who were victorious against Margaret Crompton and Brenda Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies’ Invitation Cup was lifted by Eric Skeemer and Diana Courtenay-Smith, after they defeated Brian Parsons and Alison Glyde.
All that remains is for a great big thanks to be broadcast to all members for helping to make it yet another most enjoyable indoor season.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis