Gracie named SOHC men’s 1st XI Player of the Year winner
- Credit: Archant
There was a great turnout for the Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey Club (SOHC) awards evening held at the Blue Ball, Sidford.
The team of the year was named as the 1st XI, who won the Southern Two title in some style and the 1st XI Player of the Year award winner was Duncan Gracie.
In terms of the ladies’ 1st XI individual awards, Aimee Keast took the top honour.
The other Player of the Year award winners in the men’s section were: 2nd XI – James Broad and George Mutter; 3rd XI – Max Moore; 4th XI – Gabe Cortinhas and 5th XI –Keith Brown.
In terms of the other ladies’ teams and their star individuals from the season, they were: 2nd XI – Anna Rowson; 3rd XI – Alice Dormer and 4th XI – Molly Bateson.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s Young Player of the Year awards went to Josh Miller (male) and Anna Moroz (female) and the Most Improved Player awards went to Max Moore (male) and Millie Guy (female).
In terms of the other award, the SOHC Clubman of the Year award went to Mike Dutton, the Clubwoman of the Year (Dutton Trophy) went to Helen (Sturdy) Ackland, the John Parbury award was won by Rob Wilson and the Gerald Skinner trophy went to Simon Baker.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon