Great start for junior netballers
Honiton Junior netballers got their season off to a positive start in the Exeter and District Junior League.
The club has entered two teams in both the U13 and U14 age groups and has girls from all over East Devon.
The U14 A team lost to Exeter 1 15-8 and also to West Exe Jaguars 8-5 before drawing with Exeter 2 7-7 and winning 13-3 and 14-3 against Exeter 3 and Honiton B. Ellie Marok was nominated Player of the Match by the umpires for three of the games and Georgie Eaton and Holly Loader for the other two.
The U14 B team had a harder opening; for most of the girls it is their first time playing in the U14 age group. After defeats to Exeter 2, Honiton A and West Exe Jaguars they had a close game with Exeter 3 losing by one goal 6-7 and finished off the morning with a fine win over West Exe Pumas 10-2 , umpires’ Players of the Match were Emily Vickery x 2 , Bryony Monaghan, Lucy Scrivens and Olivia Warwick.
The U13 A and B teams had a tough start but there were lots of positives to take out of the matches, for most of the girls it was the first time playing netball together and the first time playing seven-a-side netball competitively for the year seven girls.
You may also want to watch:
The U13 A team have a five-goal deficit they have to overcome because they are all year 8 - so they actually did really well. Their results were losses to Exeter 2-16, West Exe 5-9 and Honiton B 4-9. Players of the Match, voted by the umpires, were Zuleika Voegele-Downing, Lauren Craig and Charlotte Yorke. The U13 B team had losses to Exeter 2-11 and West Exe 3-6 but their goal advantage helped them to victory over Honiton A 9-4, umpires’ Players of the Match were Hannah Vickery and Kaylee Freeman twice.
The girls are all looking forward to the next fixtures on November 10.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott