Greenhalge leads the AVR seven home at Dawlish
Seven AVR’s braved the hilly, muddy, wet and windy course at Dawlish for the Oh My Obelisk 11.5 mile run, writes Dave Mutter.
Amy Greenhalge was lead female for the first four miles and eventually finished second lady, 20th overall in 1:25:46.
The next AVR home was Ian Apps who despite going wrong at about 10 miles!
He finished 50th in 1:35:43, very closely followed by first V50 Eleanor Wood just two seconds behind him!
Roger Bramley, running this race for the first time, was 78th in 1:39:40, was pleased with his strength going up the hills.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Hale was next home, 113th, 1:44:24, glad to be getting back to full fitness. Robin Britton was 176th, 1:54:26 and Stephen Morton in his first AVR race finished 215th, 2:04:54.
Many thanks to Dawlish Coasters for putting on another fine run.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott