Gribble brace as Seaton Under-10s see off rivals Colyton
- Credit: Archant
Seaton Under-10s continued their splendid season with a 4-0 success against local rivals Colyton.
They made a flying start and scored after just one minute with Leo Gribble applying a neat side-footed finish to a sweeping move.
It was soon 2-0 with Aaron firing in from an acute angle, after a mazy run down the right wing.
Colyton hit back and applied plenty of pressure, but got little change out of the impressive Seaton defence of Harvey Green and Daniel Baltushat, both making several crucial tackles.
The third goal arrived in the second half from a move that summed up just how much the team has improved this season. The ball was shifted quickly from back to front in a slick passing move that ended with Gribble unselfishly laying it off into the path of Hale who rifled the ball home from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Christian Pinnock added the fourth with a long-range strike, just rewards for his terrific shift in midfield from where he linked play very well.
Seaton coach Alan Hale said: “The team have developed really well and some of the football that they are playing at their age is exceptional – they should all be proud of their efforts.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott