Gribble double as Seaton Town Under-8s beat Colyton 3-1
Seaton Town Under-8s had mixed fortunes in their matches last weekend, writes Alan Hale.
First up against Milwey Rise they found the opposition to be a well-organised outfit who passed the ball very well on their way to a 5-0 success.
Seaton had their chances and the margin of defeat was harsh on the youngsters who created quite a few good opportunities to score themselves. Josh Frewin and Billy Fowler came on after the break and both grew in confidence as the game wore on, making some great last ditch tackles as the defence came under pressure.
Next up was a closely fought local derby against Colyton, which Seaton won 3-1. Seaton fell behind, but the outstanding Leo Gribble led the recovery with a brace.
Gribble is an all-action midfield dynamo and his performance capped a stand-out afternoon of tackling and offensive play.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Hale secured victory with the third. The game ebbed and flowed and was a credit to both teams and thoroughly enjoyed by both sets of supporters.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations