Griffiths and Gottam guide Seaton ladies to victory at Budleigh Salterton
- Credit: ©-Anthony Rowe L.R.P.S
Goals from Rebecca Griffiths and Grace Gottam saw Seaton Town ladies to a 2-1 Westward Development Devon Women’s League win over Budleigh Salterton at their Greenway Lane home, writes SpursTom.
In what was a sportingly contested match, the home side scored first with a goal as early as the fourth minute through Danielle Wilks.
The Robins went on to create a number of other chances, but failed to make them count.
Seaton, on the other hand, always looked lively on the counter, but half-time arrived with that one goal still separating the two teams.
Seaton got stronger and stronger after the interval, eventually breaching the home defence with two goals in the 65th and 74th minutes.
You may also want to watch:
It is now four straight wins for Seaton who are also unbeaten in six since an opening day defeat to Shaldon Villa.
Seaton ladies are next in action on the first Sunday in January when they entertain Ilfracombe Town ladies.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend