Grizfest Saturday Fun Run joy for Sam Eyre
- Credit: Archant
Seaton on Grizfest Saturday featured an outstanding afternoon of running by the children and youth of Seaton, Devon and other corners of Britain setting the scene and challenge for their elders on Sunday, writes Dave Mutter.
At the starting line for the Fun Run were 314, mainly primary school children of all ages, with Seaton Primary School driving strong support for the event.
First home was AVRs Sam Eyre covering the 2k in a mere eight minutes!
Esme Huntley of Charmouth Primary crossed the line as first girl. The Fun Run goes from strength to strength from the 88 starters this year.
The Junior Grizzly, a 4k race, featured 47 runners and was won by last years champion Thomas Rehal of Blackwater Junior Tri Club.
You may also want to watch:
AVRs Caitlin Smith finished as first girl. Many thanks, to all the helpers and parents who generated a great atmosphere.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone