Grove and Wright make flying start to Axe Cliff seniors’ winter programme
The Axe Cliff seniors got their winter league programme under way last week, writes Janet Dack.
The format is the same as the last few years; a pairs 15 hole Stableford with the best six scores from each team to count in the final analysis next March.
Setting the pace with a score of 37 points are Rob Grove & Roger Wright, with John Pugh and Mick Tomes a close second with 36 points.
In third place a further point adrift with 35 are Malcolm Glass and Mike Jamieson.
On Monday the penultimate inter-club match of the season took place at Axe Cliff where the visitors were Libbaton.
You may also want to watch:
In a closely fought match the end result was a three-all draw.
Two of the games ended on the 18th, while three others were settled on the 17th.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The winning pairings for Axe Cliff were John White together with John Mant, Gerry Turner and Nick Povey and Chris Walker with Jack Bannister.