Hanna does it again with monthly medal win at Axe Cliff
- Credit: Archant
They say that, ‘the sun always shines on the righteous’, and it certainly did on the Axe Cliff seniors last Friday for the monthly medal competition, writes Dave Bruce.
Coats were soon discarded and one hardy member, Roger Hill, even wore shorts – he does have lovely legs, mind you!
Following his success in the Winter League, only the previous week, John Hanna showed he can also do it on his own, coming in as outright winner with a net 64, some five shots below his handicap.
We look forward to seeing his 22 handicap being cut before our next match! Bob Graham shone again with a very creditable net 67, getting his best games in before taking over the captaincy next year. Treasurer Bill Polley, once again, played a very steady game, returning an excellent net 69, protecting his handicap carefully to take third spot. Rather unusually, Chris Walker and Pete Casey each had a two on their cards.
It was good to see the car park pretty full with members and visitors enjoying our wonderful course and catering.
You may also want to watch:
Axe Cliff men played round five of their Winter League with the format being two-ball Texas Scramble medal.
The winners, with a nett 58.5, were the pairing Craig Trivett and Tony Strong.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
Second were Steve Reed and Jason Farrant with a score of nett 59.
There were six twos recorded, scored by Nigel Pritchard, Simon Sweetland, Richard Gibbons, Tony Strong, Craig Trivett and Mark Hubbard.