Happy Herbert at first Saturday League shore match of 2015
Lyme Regis Sea Angling Club (LRSAC) had it’s first Saturday league shore match of 2015, writes Darren Herbert.
Fishing was from 6pm until 11pm for the most number of different species (including mini species).
Despite the weather forecast the new shore secretary, Simon Lippett, had a good turn out of anglers, with 16 members fishing and one guest.
Five beard rockling, shore rockling, pout, and whiting were all caught in numbers by most of the anglers, along with dogfish, bullhuss, and flounder being caught. There were even a couple of bass caught which were unfortunately undersized, so were put straight back.
Despite the forecast, the wind dropped out and the sea had calmed right down just before the start of the match. Most anglers fished around the harbour walls, but a few fished from Monmouth beach, the main beach, and also from the new wall at the Eastern end of Lyme. First place, with five species, went to Darren Herbert.
You may also want to watch:
In second place, with four species, was Josh Chestney and third place was claimed by Ben Male who also landed four species.
The next match will be the first of the 2015 Wednesday League, taking place on January 21 at Seaton.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Fishing from 6.30pm until 10.30pm for ‘The best single specimen’.
New members are more than welcome and to join the club prospective members can do so by picking up an application form from The Tackle Box.