Hard lesson learnt by the Honiton Under-8s
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town Under-8s endured mixed fortunes in their latest Exeter and District Youth League games as they won convincingly, but then got well and truly beaten!
Town’s youngsters opened up with a 9-1 victory over Central Dynamoes.
Liam Osbourne (3), Mason Dolby (2), Bailey Williams (2), Harry Smith and Harvey Hayson, the latter netting his first of the season, got the Town goals.
Mason Dolby was named the Man of the Match from a midfield berth.
Next up Town were thumped 10-0 by Central Crusaders who scored five either side of the break.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Gary Osbourne said: “It was quite a painful lesson for the boys who can at least understand now when I tell them that no game is easy and that they have to work hard to enjoy the spoils of success. I think they thought, after the first game, they’d stroll, the next one, and football does not work like that.”
In that second game Jack Bevan was named the Town Man of the Match whilst in terms of the morning’s two games it was midfielder Harvey Hayson who received the accolade for Player of the Day.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax