Hardy Lyme anglers
- Credit: Archant
The next match for Lyme Regis Sea Angling Club, the first Wednesday league competition of 2013, will be fished at West Bexington, on January 30, from 6.30-10.30pm, fishing for the most number of species. Sign on at the carpark from 5.30pm.
Saturday, January 19, was the date set for the first 2013 shore competition of Lyme Regis Sea Angling Club.
Twelve anglers arrived in Lyme Regis to fish from 6-11pm targeting the best flounder. The weather was not ideal as a north easterly wind made for freezing conditions and snow. Most anglers fished the end parts of the harbour.
A few flounder were caught, but only two were in size, both caught by Ben Male from Chard. The biggest was 296g. Male also landed the heaviest five beard rockling so far this year at 187g, just under the club record.
Anglers also caught shore rockling, pouting and poor cod.
You may also want to watch:
New Members Welcome. To join LRSAC, view the full fixture list, or see the 2012 results visit www.lymeregissac.co.uk
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis