Have your say
- Credit: Archant
RUGBY Union club members, volunteers and supporters from around the South West will join the debate on how the game should be governed when the RFU’s Chief Executive Ian Ritchie and Chairman Bill Beaumont make a series of roadshow visits to clubs and other venues over the coming weeks.
Ian Ritchie will be attending two roadshows in the region, kicking off with one at Launceston Rugby Club, Polson Bridge PL15 9QT on Thursday, February 7, at 7pm. This is followed by a visit to North Bristol RFC, Oaklands, Gloucester Road, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4AG on Monday, March 4, starting at 7pm.
Bill Beaumont will take the lead on a visit to Salisbury on Tuesday, March 5, with the meeting being held at the Royal British Legion Club, Endless Street, Salisbury SP1 1DL, at 7pm.
The series of 12 consultation roadshows are being staged across the country to engage with the RFU’s membership and obtain their thoughts on how the administration and structure of the game should evolve to handle the challenges of the 21st century.
The structure and working practices of the RFU has already been the subject of a comprehensive report from international law firm Slaughter & May and of a series of discussions involving five Advisory Groups drawn from all sectors of the Union.
You may also want to watch:
The resulting consultation document has been issued to member clubs for their feedbac and the meetings in the South West are further opportunities for the membership to hear the main points being presented and for members to ask questions and to express their views.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 5 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 East Devon Property of the Week
- 9 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 10 When a waffle is good for your health