Hawker leads Honiton runners home at the Bicton Blister meeting
- Credit: Archant
The final Sunday of November saw several Honiton Running Club (HRC) members take part in the Bicton Blister, writes Jo Davey.
The run is based at Bicton College and runners race along a variety of terrains including the paths on Woodbury Common. Kevin Hawker was the first back for HRC coming 14th in a time of 1:07.
Rod Inglis was next coming 65th in 1:17 winning his age category. Hadleigh Davies had a good run coming 103rd in 1:22 with Mark Dallyn coming just two places and 16 seconds later.
The vets’ team was made up of four (Kevin, Rod, Hadleigh and Mark), and they gained second place.
Jo Davey was the first HRC lady back coming 129th in 1:25. Howard Bidmead stormed around coming 137th in 1:25 despite harbouring a virus.He won a prize for his age category as did Steve Davey who came in just three seconds later.
You may also want to watch:
Judy Davey was another prize winner coming 150th in 1:27. Olivia Higginson found the race tough but completed the ladies’ vets’ team taking third place.
Olivia was 188th in 1:31. Jennie Sleeman, yet another prize winner, came 215th in 1:34.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
Other HRC finishers were: Mandy Ward, 307th, 1:46; Karen Lister 310th, 1:47; Andy Ashford 361st, 1:55 and Debbie Vinnicombe, 367th, 1:55.
The race was won by Tom Merson in 57 minutes and there were 424 finishers.