Heard and Willis impressive winners of Axe Cliff seniors Winter league round
The Axe Cliff seniors were able to get out and play just 24-hours after the gales and torrential rain, writes Janet Dack.
There were benign conditions for the Friday staging of the fourth round of the Winter League with some excellent scores carded.
Leading the way with an impressive haul of 41 points were Rob Heard and Hugh Willis.
In second with 39 points were Bill Polley and Dave Weston whilst just a point behind in third were Malcolm Glass and John White.
There were two 2’s recorded by Hugh Willis and Malcolm Glass
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the ladies’ were out on an extremely windy and cold morning for a match against the senior ladies contesting the Courtesy Trophy.
Once again the seniors landed victory with the only players winning their games for the ladies being Liz Wheeldon and Hazel Williamson, all other matches being halved.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
More courtesy shots for the ladies next year please!