Hewer leads AVRs home at Ottery 10k
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen Axe Valley Runners finished the annual Ottery 10k road race that was held on the second Saturday of May, writes Dave Mutter.
First AVR home, was Matt Hewer in 30:04, finishing 18th overall out of 301 starters.
The first female AVR home was Carol Austin in 49:33, and that also saw her into third place in the W55 category and 102nd overall.
A very special mention is worth making of two AVRs who, due to the prize distribution system, were running in categories of younger runners (quite a bit younger!) and acquitted themselves very well. They were; Andy Sayers, finishing 125th in a time of 51:47 and John Mellodew, who was 230th in 1:01:35.
Other AVRs finished as follows: Terry Emmett, 39:52; Peter Knox, 48:17; Rachel Grant, 51:46; Angela Kerr, 52:32; Laura Kerr, 58:41; Fiona Pyle, 1:02:38; Kirstin Harwood, 1:02:39; Hannah Williams, 1:05:07 and Emma Grigg 1:07:56.
You may also want to watch:
A big thank-you, to Honiton RC for a well organised race that took place in splendid sunshine.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing