Hippos washed out on another soggy Saturday for local footballers
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town’s South West Peninsula League Premier East game at home to Torrington is, like much of the local football schedule on the first Saturday of November. off.
With Axminster Town not having a game the main local SWP League focus was on Mountbatten Park, but a waterlogged pitch meant the Hippos were forced into a postponement and they were dealt a further blow when news filtered through of the postponement of an FA Vase tie at Tavistock involving Exmouth Town means that the Hippos midweek visit to Exmouth for a Devon St Lukes Bowl game is now also off as Exmouth Town will instead be travelling to Tavistock to try again to play the FA Vase tie. A new date will have to be found for the Hippos bid to claim a second big scalp in this season's Devon Bowl after their earlier success at Barnstaple Town.
Sidmouth Town's trip to Holsworthy for an SWP League game was another to meet a watery grave as was much of the local Macron Devon and Exeter League programme with Seaton Town's Premier Division home game against Lapford off as was the Sidmouth Town Reserves home game against University and Upottery had their top flight game at Hatherleigh called off.
In Division Two, Honiton Town Reserves game at Alphington was called off as was the Division Three game at Lyme Regis where Axmouth United were due to be the opposition.
Sidmouth Town fourths were also called off and so was the Otterton Reserves versus Cullompton Reserves game.
You may also want to watch:
The county cups were also hit and that impacts the league programme for next Saturday (November 9) for cup games will now be played on that day.
Check out the full list of what's on and what's off across the Macron League at www.defleague.co.uk
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery