Hobday stars as Feniton Undxer-16s win cup tie against Seaton
- Credit: Archant
Feniton eased into the next round of the Exeter and District Youth League KO Cup with a 5-1 victory in an East Devon derby meeting with Seaton, played at a blustery Beer Albion ground.
The previous league game between the two teams was a close affair with Feniton only winning by a single goal. However, this match was a different affair entirely with Feniton opening the scoring from Sam Ayers within three minutes when he finished well after a cross from Branden Simsek.
The same combination saw Ayres net his and Feniton’s second after 15 minutes and the game was over when Simsek himself scored on 25 minutes after an electric burst of pace took him clear to find the net with a crisp finish after an incisive pass from Chaz Dodd.
The platform for the win was due to the stranglehold the Feniton midfield of Hobday, Turner and Woodward had in dominating the possession, meaning Seaton were left with occasional scraps. Hobday capped a fine and dominant performance by setting up Simsek for his brace to send Fenny into the interval with a handsome 4-0 lead.
The second half saw Seaton attempt to take the game to Feniton, but a penalty on the hour, scored by Oscar Walsh, saw Feniton extend their lead to 5-0.
You may also want to watch:
To their credit, Seaton managed a consolation before the final whistle blew. The Feniton Man of the Match award went to Jack Hobday.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West