Hoiton bowlers impress in Over-60s League matches
- Credit: Archant
Both of Honiton’s Over 60s League men’s teams won their league games last week, writes Julie Grant.
The A team, now in Division One, beat Crediton A and banked eight points. The top A team rink was the one of Wally Heard, Ken Clarke and Ken Large, 19-10.
The B team’s victory was over Topsham B, meaning they too banked eight points. The top B rink was the one of Graham Adlem, Ian Peel and Roger Binmore, 22-7.
Graham and Ian enjoying success in their first season playing for Honiton indeed it was Graham’s first game for the club!
The men also celebrated a three events to two win over Phear Park in the first round of the county Top Club, winning the pairs, triples and fours.
You may also want to watch:
In the East of Exe League, Honiton got revenge over Seaton, winning 65 shots to 60, the best rink being MIke Critchley, Carole Pidgeon, Barrie Singleton and Roger Binmore, 22-6.
The ladies Over-50 League team won on one rink against Budleigh so gaining two points, playing were Di Hawkins, Tracy Lambert and Daphne Courtney, 16-13.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
The ladies in their county top club at Feniton lost two events to three, winning the pairs and fours, but losing the singles and the triples on an extra end.
However, in the county Interclub competition the ladies had a win over Topsham, 37-34, winning rink, Yvonne Rayner, Daphne Courtney, Janet Sherwood and Sue Evans, 18-13. They play Oreston in the next round on June 7.
In a mixed friendly Honiton played away at Wellington where they recorded an 83-69 success. There were two top rinks for Honiton; Marion Baxter, Ian Peel and Gerry Stafrace, 17-9, and, Owen Cleverdon, June Lee and Jimmy Smith, 20-12.