Honiton 2nds battle well before being beaten by table topping Crediton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton 0, Crediton 27 On another wet and muddy afternoon at Allhallows, Honiton seconds lost out to the top-of-the-table visitors, writes Tom Churchward.
There were doubts in the morning over whether the pitch was playable and the decision was made to go ahead.
Honiton elected to play up the slope first half, but got off to a poor start, conceding early after a good set play for the visitors of a lineout.
It was clear that Crediton were a well drilled team and they put this to good use, scoring a further two tries in a one-sided first half.
Going down the slope in the second half, the Lacemen were more of a threat and more than matched their opposition.
You may also want to watch:
Honiton saw a bit of ball and used it well, but could not cross over the sacred white line!
Crediton scored a further two tries with one conversion to complete the scoring.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
One clear difference throughout was that the Crediton team obviously train and play regularly together, and this has been the major downfall of the Lacemen’s second string this year.
However, it should also be noted that Crediton have put some big scores on other teams this year, most notably local rivals Cullompton, so the result could have been worse.
On Saturday the 2nds entertain Kingsbridge at Allhallows.