Honiton 2nds launch season in style with ‘complete performance’
- Credit: Archant
Honiton 2nd XI were impressive 104-run winners when they met North Devon thirds.
Having had to sit out week one, it was an excellent way for the Mountbatten Park men to get their campaign underway.
North Devon won the toss and asked to home side to bat first. Despite a few of the line up being short of game time they still managed full batting points finishing on 206 for 7.
The key contributions with the bat came from Andrew Lapping (26), Richard Potter (38), Tom Strawbridge (51) and a late onslaught from Andy Brinsford, who slammed an unbeaten 52.
Honiton’s bowlers then rattled the visitors out for just 102. It was the spinners who did the damage with Ash Munt taking three wickets for 15 runs and Ian Kelly three wickets for 22 runs. Andy Brinsford polished things off with 2 for 20.
You may also want to watch:
A delighted skipper Andrew Lapping said: “That was probably one the most complete bowling and fielding displays I have seen for a while, we set a high standard from the start, and it was good to see. We did well to post 200 as a few of us were short on time in the middle, so this is a good way to start the season, but the job has only just began.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery