Honiton 2nds win – thanks to good all-round effort
- Credit: Archant
Honiton 2nds made sure it was a case of double delight for the Mountbatten Park men as they sealed a 10-run win over Halberton and Sampford Peverell II.
Batting first, Honiton were led to a commanding 229-4 by Pete Beighton (59), Nathan Groves (39), Phil Tansley (33no), Richard Potter (27no) and skipper Andrew Lapping (22).
Andy Brinsford then did the damage with the ball claiming four wickets for 45 runs and there was a two wicket haul for Richard Hill (2-35) as the reply closed on 219-9.
Skipper Lapping said: “I felt we batted well to set ourselves up and, given the bowling resources at my disposal, I was confident we’d see the job done and so it proved.”
In terms of the target for the Tolchards Devon League season ahead lapping is very clear as to what he wants to happen.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Promotion is most certainly top of the agenda. We have started reasonably well which is good given that we won’t be at full strength for a couple of weeks until we get a few more back from rugby and football duties etc. Then I think we’ll see two strong Honiton CC elevens on the pitch each Saturday.”
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott