Honiton back to league action
After the Christmas break it was back to the league with a vengeance!
HHHC 1, Teignmouth 2
After the Christmas break it was back to the league with a vengeance! Honiton, playing at home to Teignmouth, on a somewhat soggy pitch after the week's snow had thawed and the heavy rainfall of the previous night, had hoped to start 2010 with a win, but it was not to be!
The first to score were the visitors, when a penalty stroke was awarded and it was successfully converted.
But refusing to be downhearted the team rallied to the attack. Before the half time whistle was blown, Jean Herniman passed the ball at a penalty corner to Amy Phillips, strategically placed to the centre back of the Teignmouth circle. She moved it to Sophie George, likewise well positioned, and she was able to hit the back board in resounding fashion! With the score line equal, play resumed once more in earnest with both sides trying to outdo the other - it was unfortunate for the home side that, what they thought to be a Dawn Mayo goal was disallowed as this would have meant going into the break a goal up.
You may also want to watch:
During the second half it was the visitors who managed to score and leave the pitch the victors, although in this half play was rather more concentrated in the Teignmouth half of the pitch. Unfortunately Honiton could not force the ball past the visitors' goalkeeper and over the line.
Players of the Match: Sue Stone and Julie Reed
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
l Practices continue with ECVH at Cullompton Sports Centre on Tuesday evenings. Training takes place between 8-9:30pm, with transport being arranged from Dowell Street Car Park at 7:30pm.
If you would like to go along please turn up at the meeting point. The club extends a warm welcome to all players regardless of current skills.