Honiton beaten at home by Nomads team
- Credit: Archant
Honiton started the week with a visit of five mixed rinks of Nomads, writes Tony Broughton.
This is an association of bowlers originally made up of invited members from the umpires association with the idea of raising money for charities and I believe over the years they have raised many thousands of pounds.
They were victorious over Honiton by 18 shots with Honiton only winning two rinks!
They were Diana Hawkins, David Downs, Clive James and Roger Binmore at 22-16 and Iris Long, Fred Dart, Ken Clarke and Mike Smith at 29-12.
The ladies played another round in the Over 50s Triples League winning overall by 10 shots.
You may also want to watch:
The scores were Berry Maynard, Rita Barwick and Anne Hillyear, 25-7. Diana Hawkins, Anne Newman and Brenda Harris, 13-21.
In a friendly match at Madeira three triples of ladies lost 48-62. However, the rink of Yvonne Williams, Carol Armitage and Berry Maynard won 21-17 during which they scored a hotshot of nine.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
This gives Yvonne a nine hotshot outdoor and a recent eight hotshot indoors this is quite an achievement for someone that has only played a couple of years.