Honiton bowl to victory at home to Bovey Tracey
- Credit: Archant
Honiton bowlers played three friendly matches last week, writes Julie Grant.
There was just the one Honiton win and that came in their home meeting with Bovey Tracey.
In an 89-68 success, the top rink, winning 31-16, was the one of Harry Riley, Brian Braund, Tilly Tillier and Dulcie Broughton.
A visit to Axminster saw Honiton beaten on all rinks and by an overall score of 59 shots to 49. The top performing Honiton rink, beaten by just a single shot, was the one of Judith Broom, Brian Braund, Tony Williams and Bill Nicholls.
In an away game at Taunton Vivary, Honiton lost by 11 shots, but with a winning rink of Myra Singleton, Richard Chapple, Richard Bland and Bill Nicholls 23-16.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies had a double rink match against Budleigh and turned out winners 53 shots to 24, the best of the two rinks, scoring 29 to 12, were Yvonne Williams, Laraine Carless, Berry Maynard and Janice Sharman.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery