Honiton bowl to victory over Madeira
- Credit: Archant
The past week was a quieter one for Honiton bowlers with only four friendly matches taking place, writes Ann Brown.
However, there was much activity and competitive enjoyment in the various leagues that took place at the club.
In the friendlies, the ladies took on Madeira and won two out of the three rinks with an overall score of 66 to 53.
The top rink was the one of Yvonne Williams, Jenny Baker, Laraine Carless and Di Hawkins, who won 36-10.
The next day a team of Devon Masonic members, many of whom are not experienced bowlers, joined us for a triples game. It was a very enjoyable afternoon even though the visitors lost 32 to 108. Our top rink was the one comprising Joyce Granger, Thelma Flynn and Barry Randall, 31-6.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, Exonia visited us and there was another overall win for Honiton - 87 to 68. Top rink was Rita Richards, Steve Phillips, Carol Armitage and Ken Clarke, 34-11. It was good to see two of our newer bowlers in this winning rink.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery