Honiton bowler Hanna Morfey to play for Devon at Leamington
- Credit: Archant
In the Honiton ladies’ invitational triples tournament, teams taking part came from Bridport, Budleigh Salterton, Dunkerswell, Feniton, Madeira and Sidmouth, writes Joan Mackintosh.
Six Honiton teams were also involved in a competition played on a round-robin basis.
The winners, for the second year running, were the Budleigh team comprising A Vincent, M Jackson, M Bond, who scored plus 20. The Honiton team of V Fowler, D Hawkins, A Hillyear were runners-up with a score of with plus 12. A cream tea was enjoyed by all the players.
A mixed friendly triples meeting at home to Madeira saw the visitors enjoy success on all four rinks to win 94-86. The winning Honiton teams were the ones of K Clarke, G Osborn, A Hillyear (23-14) and D Tooley, B Mackintosh, J Smith (19-11).
Another mixed friendly saw Honiton win on three rinks at home to Dunkeswell and overall by 84 shots to 45. The top home rink was the one of M Richards, M Fowler and D Hawkins (33-6).
You may also want to watch:
In other club news, Hanna Morfey from Honiton will play for Devon in the ladies’ Amy Rose Bowl, U31 national competition, which is being played at Leamington, in September.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon