Honiton bowlers bag maximum points in Lane League win over Madeira
- Credit: Archant
Despite the dreadful wet weather that has put paid to outdoor sports of late there’s been plenty of indoor action for members of Honiton Bowls Club, writes Julie Grant.
The ladies recorded a fine 69-44 success in a friendly win over Sidmouth with the top rink being the one of Val Kille, Carol Armitage, Margaret Bright and Di Morley, (36-9).
They were next in action in the County Lane League and they picked up maximum points in their meeting with Madeira, winning on all four rinks.
In this meeting the top triple comprised of ladies captain Judith Broom, Sharon Kenny and Gail Hawke, who won 30-8.
The Over-60 men also played Madeira, winning on two rinks, but losing narrowly overall by 75 shots to 82. In this match the top Honiton rink was the one of Ian Veitch, Peter Goodwin, Tony Tooley and Trevor Pipe (20-13).
You may also want to watch:
In the ICL, against ISCA, the men lost at home by three shots, but won away by four shots and so, thanks to the winning rink of Steve Coles, Peter Goodwin, Malcolm Seaborne and Trevor Pipe, an overall significant victory was achieved!
A mixed friendly was played away at Budleigh where the Honiton team won 45-34 with the top rink being the one of Carol Armitage, Tilly Tillier, Heather Chambers and Alan Fuller, (30-14).
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis