Honiton bowlers endure a ‘win-some-lose-some’ week
- Credit: Archant
Last week certainly was one of those: ‘win-some-lose-some’ weeks for Honiton bowlers, writes Julie Grant.
The schedule has been affected by the poor weather so only the Over-60s men’s C team managed to play two games. They won 40-19 against Uffculme, but lost 38-28 to Ottery St Mary.
The top rink both times was the one of: Wally Heard, Ken Clarke and Ken Large, winning 21-7 against Uffculme and 16-13 against the Otters.
An away mixed friendly at Bovey Tracey resulted in an 89-61 win with the top rink being the one of Yvonne Williams, David Lindley, Mike Critchley and Jimmy Smith (23-7).
Away at Seaton, in the East of Exe League, Honiton lost 57-47, but won on two rinks, the best being the one of Carole Pidgeon, June Lee, Barrie Singleton and Gerry Stafrace (19 -16).
You may also want to watch:
Sue Evans playing for Devon, won against Cornwall in the Walker Cup, but the Devon team of six rinks lost to Worcestershire in the Johns Trophy.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home