Honiton bowlers into county last 16
- Credit: Archant
The county major competitions have been completed at section level, writes Julie Grant.
Through to the last 16 in Devon from Honiton are Carole Binmore, in both two wood and four wood singles; Tracy Lambert, Laraine Carless and Hannah Morfey, in the triples and Janet Sherwood, Julie Grant, Carole Binmore and Sue Evans in the fours.
Other results show Honiton losing in the East of Exe League, going down 64 shots to 79 to Feniton with the best Honiton rink the one of Joan Mackintosh, Jimmy Smith, Carole Pidgeon and Trevor Pipe, 20-14.
Honiton also lost both mixed friendlies, first going down 67-51 in the weltering heat to Tiverton Park with the top Honiton triple the one of Malcolm Grainger, Mike Critchley and Ken Clarke, 16-12. The other defeat was a 66-61 reversal against Bovey Tracy, despite an 18-11 win for Joan Mackintosh, Sam Sherwood and Jimmy Smith.
In other the leagues, Honiton did not fair well! Against Seaton they went down in the men’s Over-60s Triples League and in the ladies Over-50s they suffered a similar fate.
You may also want to watch:
However, the men’s Over-60s League A side had a splendid win over Dawlish Marina gaining eight points by winning on both rinks. So, well done, to Mike Critchley, Sam Sherwood and Bill Nicholls, who won 16-15 and also Ken Clarke, Mike Dart and Gerry Stafrace, who won 16-13.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery