Honiton bowlers suffer a lean week!
The past week proved to be a rather lean one for Honiton bowlers in both the number of games and the final results, writes Ann Brown.
A friendly against Chardstock produced an 84-74 win with the top rink being Mike Uniacke, Alan Fuller, Ted Cox and Ken Morfey 27-18.
However, there was an 83-52 defeat to Exonia with a loss on all rinks. June Lee, Gill Munslow and Keith Parsons were the top rink, only losing by one shot.
The men played the Charles Parrott County Trophy (for unbadged players only), but were knocked out by Torquay United.
They fared better when the Men’s Devon County President, Tony Berry, brought a team to play.
You may also want to watch:
The home team won 69-66. Top rink was Dave Roberts, Keith Parsons, Clive James and Bernard Tonkin 17-10. All of the bowlers appreciated the good catering by volunteers at the end of the game. Hopefully, better things to come in the New Year!
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery