Honiton Bowling Club Triple County Trophy Winners
- Credit: Honiton Bowls Club
Supporters of Honiton Bowling club travelled to Crediton and were treated to another brilliant day of bowling when Honiton Ladies played the semi- finals and finals of the Ladies 2 -Wood Triples and the Ladies over 70’s (4 woods) Pairs.
Following Trevor Pike and Yvonne Rayner’s example set previously winning the Mixed Pairs title, the Ladies won both trophies thus making Honiton Bowling Club Triple County Trophy Winners this year.
Di Morley and Sue Dando had a battle in the semi-final against Irene Gilroy and Jenny West (Plympton), finishing 16 -16 after 18 ends. After an extra end, Honiton won 18 -16. This was the third match in the series they had held their nerve to take the win on the extra end.
After lunch saw Di and Sue back on the Green for the final against Jean Cornwell & Val Newnham (Unity Park). Di and Sue dug in deep and kept the pressure on both playing superb masterclass bowls, with the score 18–6 in favour of the Honiton Duo, after 16 of 18 ends. the Unity Park pairing conceded the game, giving Sue her first County Final title.
In the Ladies Two Wood Triples Final, the Honiton team of Sue Evans, Yvonne Rayner and Tracy Lambert were at the top of their game in the afternoon final. The Ladies scored a maximum six shots on one end and were always in control of the game, only allowing Torquay to win two ends. After playing14 out of 18 ends, with the score standing at (24 -2) in Honiton’s favour, the Torquay Triple of Ella Crouch, Sue Coffield and Maggie Boyle conceded.
You may also want to watch:
The players would like to thank the 20 + members from Honiton who travelled to Crediton for their magnificent support of the two teams throughout the day.
A team from Bradninch visited Honiton to play a Mixed Friendly match with Honiton winning 100 - 55. Joint Top rinks J Mackintosh, J Willcox, M Bright (22-10) and M Parsons, C James, T Dredge (21-9). Honiton won a close Friendly match against Devon Masonic (69 - 64). Top rink Y Williams, R Hoffman, M Bright (20 - 11).
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer