Honiton Bowls Club duo presented with County Pairs Trophy at Association Dinner
- Credit: Archant
The last weekend of the indoor bowling season finished with an exciting match between Honiton and Exonia in the final of the Devon County indoor men’s triples, writes Joan Mackintosh.
Honiton lost out to Exonia 21-20 after an extra end with the score tied at 20-20. After a good start from Honiton, Exonia took 20 -14 lead with four ends to play, but Honiton didn’t give up and won the last four ends to force an extra end to decide the game.
However, Ian Veitch, Steve Coles, and Garry Osborne couldn’t get the last bowl in to win the game in a extremely good final.
At the Devon Ladies Indoor Bowling Association Dinner, Julie Grant and Christine Barradell, from Honiton, were presented with the County Pairs Trophy.
Back at Honiton, the presentations were made with regard to the Honiton Bowls Club indoor campaign. The presentation followed another splendid luncheon.
You may also want to watch:
In terms of who received what trophy: Ladies’ Kitty cup, Y Rayner; Gigg men’s singles, T Pipe; Heard two-wood singles, B Singleton; Pipe Open Singles, G Stafrace; Nex Trophy, P Barradell; Harris Trophy, J Baker; Mees men’s pairs, T Williams and Trevor Pipe; Ladies’ pairs, Judith Broom and M Bright; Davies Cup for mixed pairs, H Chambers and K Clarke; Westbrook two-wood pairs, C Armitage and G Mettam.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax