Honiton Bowls Club open day and Feniton results
- Credit: Honiton Bowls Club
Some 26 people, including members from the Honiton Carers group, visited Honiton Bowling Club and enjoyed ‘having a go’ at bowls during an open weekend for new members.
One happy participant said: ”Hubby and I just took part in a free, taster session at the Honiton Bowls Club and it was absolutely brilliant, we wholeheartedly recommend it. The facilities are amazing and the coaching staff/members were super-friendly and very welcoming.”
Contact Sue Evans to book a taster session on 01404 41076.
In the Ladies Over 50’s Triple league, Honiton’s two teams, the Honeybees and Lacemakers, both won last week. The Honeybees played Tiverton Borough, winning (35 - 28). Top rink J Granger, A Hillyear, Y Rayner (25 - 10). The Lacemakers defeated Sidmouth (47 - 26). Top rink C Armitage, S Rolfe, D Morley (29 - 16).
In the Ladies Friendly Triples, Honiton lost narrowly against Sidmouth (45 - 48). Top rink Y Williams M Bright, D Courtney (21 - 13)
In the NationalTop Club match, Honiton Ladies played Topsham, winning four disciplines. Honiton will play Ottery St Mary in the next round: 4 wood singles - C. Binmore (21 - 14), Pairs - T. Lambert & Y. Raynor (19 - 20), Triples - B Maynard, J Sherwood, D Morley (24 - 7), Fours - Y. Williams, H Chambers, A Dredge, S Evans (22 - 15).
In the Ladies Over 50’s Triple League, Honiton Honeybees travelled to Topsham, winning (50 - 25). Top rink J Mackintosh, D Courtney, Y Rayner (23-14). In the Ladies Interclub 2022 match, B Maynard, T Lambert, C Binmore and Sue Evans won their match against Torquay ‘A’ (22-15)
- 1 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 6 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 7 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 8 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 Former Seaton bank to become shop
In the County Trophy, Feniton Bowls Club lost narrowly to Sidmouth by 73-79. The winning rinks were R Lovering, M Whitcombe, C Jacob and R Cooke 19-12 and D Sanders, J Holmes, J Skinner and K Lovering 18-13.
In the over 60s men’s triples league, the Hawks lost away to Hemyock by 28-41. The Eagles again lost narrowly to Heavitree C by 34-37. The winning rink was J Q Navarro, D Conbeer and A Kury 22-15.